Thursday, May 1, 2014

Green Tea Rice - Reusing leftover tea leaves.


 Hello. Here is another tip of leftover tea leaves.

 It is literally green tea and rice. I am using this method when I am too lazy to make something with leftover tea leaves, but they are too good to be my plants fertilizer.

Direction is so simple. (Embarrassing to call it recipe. haha)






Rinse your rice (I normally rinse them three times) and put the leftover tea before cooking the rice.
 I like to mix brown rice, rice rice, and quinoa.





Then.. cook the rice and eat. :)


I am using Cuckoo rice cooker that I think the best rice cooker ever and made my life a lot easier. But  if you are using regular pot, try to use thick one and soak your rice at least for 30minutes before you cook it.



The rice won't turn green and barely smell your tea. However, since I learned how hard to get tea leaves and they are nutritious, I am trying to eat them all.

I recommend good quality green teas, rather than other types of tea, because they are mostly made out of young delicate leaves. So it won't bother you while you eating your rice, unless you like to chewy things going on in your rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment