Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tea Deviled Eggs



Is everybody having a nice Easter?
I don't think I had ever really done egg painting since I was 5 years old.
But I felt like having some fun with eggs this Easter. 



I made three different type of tea eggs. Tea egg is a famous Chinese snack. All you need to do is just boil eggs, crack them, and re-boil in tea, soy sauce and spices mixture.
It is also called marble egg, because of its marble-like patterns by cracking eggs. However I just peeled them all to see the colors better. 



Brown egg - Pu erh tea + soy sauce
Khaki egg - Green tea + salt
Purple egg - Wine + salt


Yes. One of them is wine. hahah. I used leftover wine that is vaporized enough to get rid of alcohol.
I like their natural and edible colors. You won't taste the tea or wine a lot, but good to enjoy beautiful colors.






And here is my original plan. 
Colorful Deviled eggs!!!


It's a lazy version of tea deviled eggs. As you know, I removed the yolks and mixed them with mayo (of course), little bit of ketchup, chives, and Sriracha sauce(important!!). 









Yum
.
Next to the egg, it is my husband's special Easter coctail, "Bunny madness". 
hahahahah
Ya. He just made up. :P




Happy Easter!!








  

No comments:

Post a Comment