Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Vegetable Layers Quiche.


I found this beautiful picture, while I was researching vegetarian recipes.


vegetable tart - different way

Lovely vegetable tarts.
http://issuu.com/gabrielaiancu/docs/what-liberty-ate-magazine-1/31 


I couldn't wait to try this, but I don't like carrots(only thing I don't like to eat just by itself) and I didn't have zucchini either.  Good thing, I had a small pumpkin from fall decorations just about to die. So I decided to put what I have in my refrigerator. It ended up doesn't look like the picture, but it was delicious. I guess this could be your tea food, breakfast, and lunch. We ate it for lunch, or late breakfast. :) 






You will need


1 sheet prepared pie crust (Store bought)

1 small pumpkin (I used Carnival pumpkin)
1 red onion
2 carrots
8 chopped black olives

300 g ricotta cheese (I used homemade ricotta, which is so easy to make)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese 
Other types of cheese you like (gruyere, swiss, gouda, etc)
4 eggs, beaten 
1/2 cup half-and-half

salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon butter




Directions


1. Preheat the oven 375℉, and butter the pie pan.






2. Peel and slice pumpkin, carrots, onion into thin pieces(like strips), so you can layer them easily. 
(I used peeler for carrots)

3. Grease a pie plate and line with cool pie sheet

4. Starting from out side, layer the vegetable slices vetically.

5. Mix the ricotta and other cheeses, and sprinkle on top of vegetables.

6. Pour eggs and half-and-half mixture.

7. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and olives on top.

8. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden.






Layers!!! 





Putting bacon will be great too.  





My husband is still on his pajama :)


No comments:

Post a Comment