Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Plum Blossom Tea Cup Sets from Korea.



 This is my first winter in Connecticut, and I think I never seen such a lot of snow in my whole life. I was expecting to open our tearoom as soon as I got back from Korea this December, but sadly it took longer than I thought. What a long winter...




This tea set reminds me of warm nice weather, that I can't wait. It is not quite traditional, but I like its warm soft colors and slightly modernized design. Its smooth grainy texture with matte finish is called "Morae Bounchung". "Morae" means sand, and "Bounchung" is a type of pottery skill.






 Plum blossoms are slightly embossed.





 Like other Korean individual serving tea cups, it includes ceramic cup, stainer, lid, and saucer.








It is good for pretty much any types of teas, but it will be perfect to have a nice smooth Korean green tea with this cup. :)





This item is also in our online store.

http://handolcha.blogspot.com/p/store.html#!/~/product/category=8660616&id=33617376














1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I have one just like this but embossed with bamboo instead of plum blossoms, and always wondered it's origins

    ReplyDelete