Sunday, June 29, 2014

June 25th - Tea Tasting : Lotus flower and lotus leaf tea



  

  June 25th, there was the first Handol Tearoom tea trial day. 
It was opened for everyone, and future tea days will be opened for everyone as well.
I really appreciate for everybody who enjoy the tea.
It was a great experience for me, and hope everybody had a good time. 









So I prepared lotus flower tea and lotus leaf tea from Korea.
Korean style lotus tea is using slightly different steeping method from others.
I thought it will give an unique experience for who never tried it before. 
As you can see form the pictures above, Korean style lotus tea prefers to use real lotus flower.
 I used the flower that I freeze from Korean organic lotus farm. 
From one lotus flower, you can brew the tea for 5 to 7 people.














Normally, since the fragrant is very subtle, lotus flower tea is infused with either green tea or lotus leaf tea. I prefer lotus leaf tea, because it helps expand mellow and delicate fragrance of flower and the health benefits from lotus.








We are planning another free tea tasting day soon. 
Please, feel free to stop by for tea time. 
And check our schedule from this blog or our webpage for next tea tasting.






No comments:

Post a Comment