Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lotus steamed rice.

I've always loved lotus steamed rice, but it was hard to find it in restaurants or eat at home for many reasons in Korea. (Korean supermarket usually only sells lotus roots.) And here in US, even harder.
I know I can get some dried lotus leaves on online, but I can't trust where they are from.  

So I bought a bunch of frozen lotus leaves from an organic lotus farm in Korea.
Lotus is so wonderful. It looks great, tastes great and has many benefits.

This is the list of lotus leaves benefits.
- Healthy heart (Increase blood flow and lowers blood pressure)
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Promotes healthy liver functions
- Stopping internal bleeding
- Treats diarrhea
- Treats ringworm
- Helps weight loss by increasing metabolism
- Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. 




I thawed some for lotus tea, but I decided to use one for today's breakfast.

Lotus steamed rice can be easy or difficult depending on what you put inside of it. But I don't want to get complicated in the morning.
I just used the rice that I cooked last night.
The original recipe uses sweet rice, chestnuts, ginkgoes, and dates, but instead I mixed sushi rice, sweet rice, rye, millet and dates, and cooked them with rice cooker. I could definitely smell the lotus better.
Korean version doesn't use spices, because we eat it with Banchan(small dishes).
I see Chinese version is more like a complete dish by itself by using meat, rice, vegetable and spices inside. 


So here's the lotus leaves. They are a little bit ripped, but no problem for steamed rice.





Dark green and smells good. I washed it just with clean water.




I put the rice that I made last night and seasoned with a bit of salt, in the middle of the lotus leaf.
(With my Cuckoo rice cooker, I don't need to soak those grains over night to cook, but normally it is better so soak them enough before you cook.)






You can wrap it like spring rolls or just simply fold like I did.





And steam it for 15~20 minutes.






Ta- da!





Beautiful aroma of lotus soaked in the rice.






Since I didn't use spice, I put the leaf in hot water after I finished the rice.
And this is my today's tea!! 






You can enjoy this nice organic tea at Handol.
Coming soon!








 
List of Lotus Leaves Benefits Healthy Heart (Increases blood flow and lowers blood pressure) Reduces anxiety and stress Promotes healthy Liver functions Stopping internal bleeding (For Example: Urine in the blood) Treats diarrhea Treats ringworm Helps weight Loss by increasing metabolism Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties....

Read More at www.divineglowinghealth.com/lotus-leaves-health-benefits-and-weight-loss-effectiveness/ © Divine Glowing Health
List of Lotus Leaves Benefits Healthy Heart (Increases blood flow and lowers blood pressure) Reduces anxiety and stress Promotes healthy Liver functions Stopping internal bleeding (For Example: Urine in the blood) Treats diarrhea Treats ringworm Helps weight Loss by increasing metabolism Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties....

Read More at www.divineglowinghealth.com/lotus-leaves-health-benefits-and-weight-loss-effectiveness/ © Divine Glowing Health

No comments:

Post a Comment